Take a food tour around Asia that will introduce new tastes to your dining table. Try one of our Asian recipes that are sure to delight you and your family.
Crab Finger Kerabu with Mango
For those who want a good simple meal, this Kerabu recipe will satiate your hunger. Crab Finger mixed with a variety of ingredients for a great tasting dinner with your family.
- 50g Dried Shrimp
- 50g Onions
- 20g Garlic
- 2g Turmeric
- 40g Birds Eye Chilli (Cili Padi)
- 50g Kerisik
- 40g Ginger Flower Leaves (Daun Bunga Kantan)
- 10g Coriander leaves
- 4 Young Mangoes
- 1 Lime
- 3 Kaffir Lime Leaves (Daun Limau Purut)
- 100g Crab Fingers
- Sugar to taste
- Vinegar to taste
- Grind the dried prawns, onions, garlic, and turmeric and chili padi.
- Mix the “kerisik”, ginger flower leaves, coriander leaves, the young mangoes, kaffir lime leaves in a bowl. Squeeze the lime over the mixture.
- Add sugar and vinegar to taste, and mix.
- Serve in a bowl.
Crab Fingers and Vege Fish Ball Cucur
This mix of wonderfully flavourful ingredients is perfect to spice up your dinner table with a great Cucur recipe. The ingredients are mixed, and fried for a perfect snack, to go with some dipping sauce. It's definitely a great companion for your snack times.
- 10g Onions
- 10g Chives
- 20g Vege Fish Ball
- 20g Crab Fingers
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric (thumb sized)
- 200g Flour
- 150ml Water
- Add the onions, chives, Vege Fish Balls, Crab Fingers, slat, turmeric, flour and water in a bowl.
- Mix until even.
- Separate the mixture into different portions.
- Heat the wok, and fry the portions separately.
- Serve with some dipping sauce.
Foo Chok Wrap
A wrap full of flavours, this recipe will bring a new taste to your table. Try out this Foo Chok stuffed with Chikuwa, Vege Fish Balls, onions, and cloves, and you won't be disappointed.
- 3-4 Pieces of Foo Chok, soaked
- 500ml cooking oil (to fry the Foo Chok)
Ingredients for stuffing
- 2 Salad Leaves, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. of Chili Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. of Mayonnaise
- 2 Pieces of Chikuwa, minced
- 2 Pieces of Vege Fish Balls
- ½ Large Onion, minced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp. of Mozzarella Cheese
- Soak the Foo Chok until soft.
- Heat the oil and add in the onions and garlic. Sauté until there is an aroma.
- Add in the Chikuwa, and Vege Fish Balls)
- Add in the mozzarella cheese.
- Place the stuffing ingredients on each Foo Chok, and fold.
- Fry the stuffed Foo Chok.
- Ready to serve.
Seafood Curry Noodles With Fish Balls
It's an ocean of delight as you enjoy this simple curry noodles recipe. With White Fish Balls and Fried Fish Balls cooked with mouth-watering curry and santan, this dish is sure to delight you and your family with a plethora of tastes.
- 5 Onions
- 5 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Inches of Garlic
- A Little Water
- 1 pack of Yellow Noodles, blanched
- 1 Boiled QL Egg
- 20g Long Beans
- 10g Beansprouts
- 2 tsp. of fried onions
- 5 tsp. Cooking Oil
- 3 Cardamom, Ground
- 2 Cloves
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- 1 Stick of Cinnamon
- 1 Branch of Curry Leaves
- ½ Pack of Meat Curry Powder
- ½ Pack of Fish Curry Powder
- 1 Cup of Coconut Milk (Santan)
- 60g White Fish Ball
- 60g Fried Fish Ball
- Some Water
- Salt to taste
- Chicken Stock Powder to taste
- Heat the oil to sauté. Add the ground cardamom and sauté until there is an aroma.
- Mix the curry powder with water, and add to the cardamom. Sauté until cooked.
- Add in the coconut milk. If too thick, add some water.
- When boiling, add in the Fish Balls (halved).
- Add in the salt and chicken stock powder to taste.
- Prepare the blanched yellow noodles in a bowl. Pour the cooked curry into the bowl with
- Serve with the boiled egg, long beans, beansprouts and fried onions.
Fish Ball Green Sambal
Looking for something spicy to eat? Look no further as you try this green sambal recipe made with fish balls, garlic, ginger and shrimp paste. It's definitely a hot dish that you can try for lunch or dinner.
- 2 Large Onions
- 6 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Inches of Ginger
- 20g Shrimp Paste
- 8 Large Green Chilies
- 10 Fried Fish Ball
- 20g/20ml tamarind juice
- Salt to taste
- Chicken Stock
- Anchovies, fried
- Large Onions, sliced
- Oil to sauté
- Grind all the ingredients that need to be ground until they disintegrate.
- Sauté the ground ingredients with a little oil until the oil starts to boil.
- Add the tamarind juice, and mix until smooth.
- Add in the Fried Fish Balls, mix and add salt and chicken stock to taste.
- Add in the anchovies and sliced large onions. Mix until cooked.
- Serve on a plate.