Looking for something different? Why not bring a slice of the west to your dining table? Here we have western recipes that will put a twist on your menu. With dishes like lasagne to burgers, you will be satisfied and satiated.
Ensyamada with Puff Topping
These puffy delights make an excellent snack for you and your family. The filling, made from our products, are sure to stuff you with great taste. Try this great recipe for a snack, or bake it for breakfast.
Ingredients for dough
- 300g Bread Flour
- 1 tsp. Dry Yeast
- 1 tsp. Bread Improver
- 60g Sugar
- 6 Egg Yolks from QL Eggs
- A Pinch of Salt
- 20g Custard Flour
- 130ml Water
- 40g Butter
Ingredients for filling
- 30g Crab Flavoured Nugget
- 30g Veggie Fish Ball
- 30g Crab Sticks
- 10g Large Onions, minced
- 10g Garlic, minced
- 5g Chili, minced
- 10g Carrots, diced
- 70ml BBQ sauce
- 30g Strawberry sauce
/ Strawberry jam
- 10ml Water
- 5g Sugar
- Place all dough ingredients, except for the butter, in a large bowl. Knead the mixture for 10 minutes until you get a “roti canai” texture.
- Allow the dough to rise in the proofer for 15 minutes.
- Sauté the large onions, carrots and the chili.
- Mix in the Crab Flavoured Nugget, Veggie Fish Ball and Crab Sticks, with a touch of
- When done, insert the mixed fillings in the risen dough. Divide the portions accordingly with the number of buns to be made.
- Brush the egg yolks from QL Eggs on the dough.
- Bake the dough in an oven for 15 minutes at a temperature of 180˚.
- Mix the strawberry jam, water and sugar for a sauce on the side.
- The bread is now ready to serve.
Potato and Vege Ball Burger
This burger recipe stands out from your usual meat patties. Made from potatoes, and Vege Fish Balls, it is truly a perfect combination for satisfying your hunger. This recipe is a great one for lunch.
- 4 Potatoes
- 6 Vege Fish Balls
- 1 ½ Onions (finely minced)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (finely minced)
- 1 ½ Small Bowls of Spring Onions
- 2 QL Eggs
- 100g Bread Crumbs
- Salt to taste
- Ground Black Pepper (to taste)
- 2 Tbsp. of cooking oil
- Salt to taste
- Sugar to taste
- Vinegar to taste
- ½ Onion (finely minced)
- ½ Carrot (diced)
- ½ Capsicum (diced)
- 3 Pickled Cucumbers (finely minced)
- 2 Tbsp. of Cooking Oil
- 1 Small Bowl of Mayonnaise
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Tomatoes
- 2 Salad Leaves
- Burger Buns
Method for A (to be mixed with B)
- Peel the potatoes before boiling them.
- Fry the Vege Fish Balls with the garlic and onion. Fry to a golden brown.
- Fry the onions, carrots, capsicum and pickled cucumber in a wok with oil. Add a little salt, sugar and vinegar to taste. Mix until even.
- After the potatoes have been boiled, place them in a bowl. Mash them together with the fried ingredients. Add the onions and eggs one at a time, together with the bread crumbs.
- Mix all ingredients until even. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Weigh the mashed potato, and divide them in batches of 150g. Shape each batch to a “burger patty” shape.
- Fry with a little oil to a golden brown.
- Fry the onions to a golden brown.
- Mix the fried onions with the mayonnaise.
- Spread margarine on the burger buns and roast on the wok, until a slight brown.
- Add tomatoes, salad leaves and the pickled cucumbers on one burger bun.
- Add mayonnaise, place the vege burger patty in the centre, and top with the other half of the burger bun.
- Continue until the Ingredients for A are used up.
Fettucini Aglio Olio
One spoon of this wonderful dish and you'll be left wanting more of this cheesy pleasure. Fettucini cooked with our products for a great tasting dish. Try this recipe for lunch or dinner.
- 200g Fettucini
- 5ml Olive Oil
- 20g Fried Fish Ball, sliced
- 20g Crab Nuggets, sliced
- 20g Crab Fingers, sliced
- 20g Fish Sandwich, minced
- 6 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 10g Red and Yellow Capsicum, diced
- 1 tsp. of Ground Black Pepper
- 2 tsp. of Ground Dried Chili
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp. of Chicken Stock
- 5g Coriander Leaves (sliced)
- 1 Tbsp. of Cheese
- Boil the Fettucini pasta in water. Add a little olive oil and salt.
- Sauté the garlic with the remaining olive oil.
- Add the Fried Fish Ball, Crab Nuggets, Crab Fingers, Fish Sandwich, capsicum, Fettucini and coriander.
- Add salt, pepper, chicken stock, and ground chilli to taste.
- Serve in a bowl; sprinkle the cheese the remaining coriander.
Crabstick Caesar Salad
Looking for something green to fill your tummy? This Caesar salad recipe is perfect for you. Made with vegetables, croutons, eggs, and cheese, it is a wonderful blend of ingredients that will satisfy you in every way.
Ingredients for the dressing
- 2 QL Eggs
- 10 Teaspoons of Olive Oil
- 2 tsp. of Vinegar
- 3 tsp. of Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. of Salt
- 2 Chunks of Tuna
- 50g Romaine Lettuce Leaves
- 8 Cherry Tomatoes
- 50g Crab Fingers
- 2 slices of Crouton
- 1 Boiled QL Egg
- 2 teaspoons of Parmesan Cheese
- Mix all ingredients for the dressing, and cook using the double boil method (a pot over boiling water). Mix until thick.
- Add in the Romaine lettuce leaves (shredded), cherry tomato (halved) and crab fingers (divided into three) in a container.
- Add the dressing and mix until even.
- Serve with the sides (croutons, boiled eggs, and sprinkled Parmesan cheese)
Fish Sandwich Lasagne
What's better than your normal lasagne? A Fish Sandwich Lasagne recipe! Fish sandwich fillings layered between lasagne and cheese, it's a great meal to fill your tummy. Enjoy this dish with your family for lunch or dinner!
- 10 Fish Sandwich
- 15g Garlic
- 20g Onions
- 30ml Tomato Coulis
- 100ml Full Cream Milk
- 40ml Heavy Cream
- 50g Parmesan Cheese/ Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Piece of Lasagne
- Salt and Flavouring powder to taste
- Sauté the garlic and onions followed by the tomato coulis until there is a slight aroma.
- Heat the full cream milk until thick and add some flavouring.
- Fry the fish sandwiches with the oil.
- In a separate container, smoothen the milk at the bottom, followed by the fried
- Smoothen with the tomato coulis and layer with the pieces of lasagne.
- For the 2nd layer, smoothen the milk with the Fish Sandwich and tomato coulis.
- Bake at 170˚C for 20 minutes.
- Serve for 6.